Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Reinvention of the Wheel: From Owee Salva Photography to Cartwheel Images

It's amazing how time actually zooms by.  I myself couldn't believe it's been 9 years since I've started being a professional photographer.  That's almost a decade! 

In those nine years, I've shot varied subjects.  Name it, I've probably done it.  I had personal and corporate clients. So it made sense then to have a basic logo.  And it looked like this:



It was a plus that that font looked like my handwriting.  

Towards the latter part of those nine years, I've realized that I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by people.  When children act like their carefree selves and just let me in their bubble.  A proud moment for me is when I see my photograph hanging on my client's wall.  

A rebrand had to happen.  I wanted my photography business to be more reflective of what made me beam with happiness and pride.  

And so Owee Salva Photography rolled out of the carpet and in came Cartwheel Images.

With the amazing talent of Mon Corpuz, my graphic artist friend, Cartwheel Images' identity became solid and cohesive.  And now my logo looks like this:


Rica, my best friend and the brains behind Blonde Fish Alphabet Portraits and Hue Love Prints, told me to put together a branding palette so she'll have a firm grasp on what Cartwheel Images is about.  She worked on my Welcome Guide.  And what a delight that had turned out! :)

So here's my branding palette (props to Rica for educating me that a branding palette is different from a mood board):



So there you have it!  The Cartwheel reinvented.

Credit goes to the amazing people who helped me through the process:

Logo Design and Branding Colors by Mon Corpuz
Welcome Guide Layout by Rica de Ramos
Website Design by Richard Yulo









No comments:

Post a Comment